Master of Science
- Credit Hours: Students are required to complete a minimum of 48 graduate-level credit hours in Psychology or other related disciplines approved by the student’s advising committee.
- Grade Point Average: After admission to a doctoral program major, students must earn a minimum cumulative and major GPA of 2.75.
- Graduation Requirement: Students must complete required coursework and a master's thesis.
- Master's Thesis: An empirical research project in an area of psychology approved by the student's master's thesis committee.
- Benchmarks: Thesis proposal approval not later than May 15, Year 2. Thesis defense and ETD submission not later than May 15, Year 3.
- Additional Requirements: None.
|Research Design and Data Analysis 1|
|Select one course from the list below:|
|Research Design and Data Analysis 2|
|Single-Subject Research Methods|
|Program Evaluation and Intervention|
|Seminar in Methodology|
Select any PSYC courses at the 500 level or above
PSYC 797- A minimum of 6 credits is required
Major Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an MS in psychology will:
- Conduct a high-quality research project in close collaboration with a faculty member.
- Describe research projects in the context of a larger body of literature.
- Maintain certification in ethical standards of conducting research.
- Analyze data using a variety of statistical methods.