- Master of Science
WVU’s Business Cybersecurity Management Program is a 12-month online program. Our online flexibility encourages students to demonstrate managerial expertise in understanding and investigating complex cybersecurity ideas, evaluate data security of businesses from a data and systems security perspective, use appropriate tools to mitigate cybersecurity threats and communicate the analysis and findings of a comprehensive security audit initiative to enhance the protection and security of an organization.
- Virginia Kleist - Ph.D.
University of Pittsburgh
Visiting Assistant Professor
- Bradley Reed - Ph.D.
Admission to the business cybersecurity management program is dependent on the Graduate Admissions Committee of B&E.
For admittance to the program, students must:
- earn a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.25
- have an acceptable GMAT score
- three letters of recommendation
Each student who completes an MS in Business Cybersecurity Management will complete a 10 course online sequence in a one year time period. Students are required to attend an on-campus residency as an introduction to the program in August of their matriculation, and also are required to attend an on-campus residency to present their capstone project at the conclusion of their one year program.
|Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to graduate from the program.|
|ACCT 582||Fraud Data Analysis||3|
|BUDA 510||Foundations of Business Intelligence||3|
|BUDA 520||Data Management||3|
|BUDA 550||Business Data Visualization||3|
|CYBR 525||Information Security Assurance Management||3|
|CYBR 530||Business Data Communications||3|
|CYBR 535||Business Network Security||3|
|CYBR 540||Information Ethics and Legal Procedures||3|
|CYBR 545||Business Cybercrime Management||3|
|CYBR 555||Business Cybersecurity Practicum||3|
Students may select CPE 538 in place of the CYBR 535 in the Spring semester, on campus.
Students may select CS 539 in place of the CYBR 540 in the Spring semester, on campus
Suggested Plan of Study
|BUDA 510||3||CYBR 535||3||ACCT 582||3|
|BUDA 520||3||CYBR 540||3||BUDA 550||3|
|CYBR 525||3||CYBR 545||3||CYBR 555||3|
|Total credit hours: 30|
Major Learning Outcomes
Business Cybersecurity Management
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Students will be able to demonstrate managerial expertise in understanding and investigating complex cybersecurity ideas.
- Students will be able to evaluate the data security of businesses from a data and systems security perspective, and to recommend and initiate appropriate procedures, policies, and security controls to ensure improved data and systems security.
- Students will be able to use appropriate tools to mitigate cybersecurity threats by applying knowledge of topics such as risk management, disaster recovery, business continuity, digital forensics, and computer network defenses.
- Students will be able to communicate the analysis and findings of a comprehensive security audit initiative to enhance the protection and security of an organization.