Certificate Code - CG52
The Higher Education Marketing is offered exclusively online with no on-campus classroom attendance required.
The Higher Education Marketing certificate in is intended to prepare students for careers focusing on implementing a comprehensive integrated marketing communications strategy for institutions of higher learning. Students will be exposed to course work focused on marketing to higher education audiences, ensuring multicultural/inclusive ethical considerations are intrinsically tied to campaign planning, development of content to engage with prospective student audiences, and reach them via social media channels.
The program is taught by a diverse faculty who are recognized leaders in their fields.
The program’s academic year consists of five accelerated terms corresponding to the University’s existing parts of term: Early Fall (August–October), Late Fall (October–December), Early Spring (January–March), Late Spring (March–May) and Summer (May–July).
|Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 required.|
|Minimum grade of C- required in all courses provided that a cumulative 2.75 GPA is maintained.|
|IMC 639||Content Marketing||3|
|IMC 641||Social Media and Marketing||3|
|IMC 645||Diversity & Inclusion in IMC||3|
|IMC 647||Higher Education Marketing||3|
Suggested Plan of Study
|Early Fall Term||Early Spring Term|
|IMC 645||3||IMC 647||3|
|Late Fall Term||Late Spring Term|
|IMC 639||3||IMC 641||3|
|Total credit hours: 12|
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Higher Education Marketing
- Research target markets, and develop an understanding of cross-cultural marketing communications.
- Develop branding strategies that speak to consumers cross culturally.
- Define ethical marketing in a multicultural society.
- Create a strong multicultural IMC campaign.
- Explain how to track social media metrics.
- Develop a strong social media IMC campaign for higher education.
- Estimate ROI for social media.
- Define federal guidelines associated with social media channels and networks.
- Demonstrate how to target specific markets through social media campaigns.
- Develop content for higher education IMC campaigns.
- Recognize strategies involved with creating strong content for marketing.
- Describe how to utilize technology in content creation.
- Define the difference between Owned, Earned & Paid media and demonstrate how to write for each.