Certificate Code - CG51
The Healthcare Communication Certificate is offered exclusively online with no on-campus classroom attendance required.
The Healthcare Communication certificate in is intended to prepare students for careers focusing on implementing a comprehensive integrated marketing communications strategy within the healthcare industry. Students will be exposed to course work focused on legal and ethical issues as they apply to healthcare communications via content marketing and utilizing new technologies, including augmented and virtual reality.
The program is taught by a diverse faculty who are recognized leaders in their fields.
The program’s academic year consists of five accelerated terms corresponding to the University’s existing parts of term: Early Fall (August–October), Late Fall (October–December), Early Spring (January–March), Late Spring (March–May) and Summer (May–July).
|Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 required.|
|Minimum grade of C- required in all courses provided that a cumulative 2.75 GPA is maintained.|
|IMC 624||Cause Marketing||3|
|IMC 627||Healthcare Marketing||3|
|IMC 639||Content Marketing||3|
|IMC 646||Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality in IMC||3|
Suggested Plan of Study
|Early Fall Term||Early Spring Term|
|IMC 646||3||IMC 627||3|
|Late Fall Term||Late Spring Term|
|IMC 624||3||IMC 639||3|
|Total credit hours: 12|
Certificate Learning Outcomes
- Effectively develop healthcare communication campaign plans using an integrated marketing communications strategy.
- Identify the latest ethical considerations and federal guidelines associated with digital and social media marketing activities within the health care space.
- Plan content to utilize in web and social media assets: i.e. b/vlogging, video news letters, short video for social media site production, podcasts, etc. for public education, advocacy and/or corporate purposes.
- Identify target audiences and understand behavior change theories as they relate to healthcare marketing campaign planning for these audiences.
- Recognize how to brand, build credibility, and effectively manage public relations efforts.
- Demonstrate the benefit of cause marketing strategies for corporations, nonprofits and consumers.
- Recognize how AR/VR can be used in IMC campaigns to enhance user experience.
- Develop strategy and learn tactics and techniques that relate to the use of AR/VR technologies within a healthcare marketing communications campaign.
- Evaluate ROI for healthcare communications activities and public interest communication plans.