Certificate Code - CG50
The Digital and Social Media Certificate is offered exclusively online with no on-campus classroom attendance required.
The Digital and Social Media certificate intends to prepare students for careers utilizing digital and social media as part of a greater integrated marketing communications strategy. Students will be exposed to course work focused in social media, web metrics and search engine optimization, digital storytelling and video production.
The program is taught by a diverse faculty who are recognized leaders in their fields.
The program’s academic year consists of five accelerated terms corresponding to the University’s existing parts of term: Early Fall (August–October), Late Fall (October–December), Early Spring (January–March), Late Spring (March–May) and Summer (May–July).
|Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 required.|
|Minimum grade of C- required in all courses provided that a cumulative 2.75 GPA is maintained.|
|IMC 634||Digital Storytelling||3|
|IMC 641||Social Media and Marketing||3|
|IMC 642||Web Metrics and Search Engine Optimization||3|
|IMC 643||Digital Video Production||3|
Suggested Plan of Study
|Early Fall Term||Early Spring Term|
|IMC 634||3||IMC 643||3|
|Late Fall Term||Late Spring Term|
|IMC 641||3||IMC 642||3|
|Total credit hours: 12|
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Digital and Social Media
- Identify, incorporate and implement digital and social media marketing tactics in an integrated marketing communications strategy.
- Define legal and ethical considerations and federal guidelines associated with digital and social media marketing activities.
- Develop a comprehensive social media marketing communications plan.
- Plan digital content to utilize on social media sites: i.e. vlogging, video news letters, short video for social media site production, podcasts, etc.
- Develop digital content relevant to the target audience for owned, earned, and paid digital and social media channels.
- Interpret key social media metrics and demonstrate knowledge in tracking social media sites. Learn to utilize web analytics tools and SEO in campaign assessment.
- Evaluate ROI for digital and social media marketing plans.