Undergraduate Certificate in Early Childhood Administration
Certificate Code - CU14
|A minimum grade of C- is required in all CDFS courses.|
|CDFS 420||Leadership in Early Childhood||3|
|CDFS 421||Child Care Center Administration||3|
|CDFS 422||The Business of Child Care Management and Financial Strategies||3|
|CDFS 423||External Funding: Early Childhood Programs||3|
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Early Childhood Administration
At the completion of this certificate program, students will be able to:
- Implement high quality early childhood programs.
- Evaluate high quality early childhood programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of developmentally appropriate classrooms that meets the needs of a diverse population.
- Demonstrate key elements of leadership of directors.
- Advocate for children, parents, teachers, and the profession.
- Design and implement a financial plan appropriate for a child care center.
- Summarize knowledge and skills from the curriculum and profession to apply in the classroom setting.
- Design and implement a marketing plan for a child care center.
- Demonstrate professional ethics and confidentiality when working with children and families.