Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Education
CERTIFICATE CODE - CG34
|"Orientation to HPE" Module - To be completed before or during first semester|
|Professional Development Plan - To be posed on the Health Sciences program portfolio site during the first course|
|HPE Core Content|
|Must maintain a 3.0 GPA for all coursework|
|EDP 600||Educational Psychology||3|
|EDP 640||Instructional Design||3|
|EDP 612||Introduction to Research||3|
|EDP 617||Program Evaluation||3|
Certificate Learning Outcomes
Health Professions Education
Upon completion of the certificate, students should be able to:
- Use a systematic process to conduct a needs assessment of learners in healthcare education, design educational interventions and materials, integrate emerging technologies.
- Design face-to-face, blended, and online learning environments incorporating research-based learning principles that address teaching and assessment decisions.
- Evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness, and appeal of healthcare learning environments.
- Design studies and disseminate impacts of designed learning environments to prepare healthcare professionals to translate skills and knowledge for benefit of patient care and healthcare systems.
- Develop an educational intervention plan for a healthcare environment.