- Master of Arts
Nature of the Program
The Program Evaluation and Research master's degree program is designed for individuals with interest in conducting research and evaluation projects for private and public educational organizations and agencies. All students in this area of emphasis complete six core courses in research and evaluation methodology, additional electives, and are required to design and conduct at least one full program evaluation during the course of their studies. Graduates of this program have a strong foundation for entry into a doctoral degree program or one of many job fields where data analysis, research design, and evaluation skill sets are in high demand.
Master of Arts
|EDP 611||Measurement/Evaluation in Educational Psychology||3|
|EDP 612||Introduction to Research||3|
|EDP 613||Statistical Methods 1||3|
|EDP 617||Program Evaluation||3|
|EDP 618||Mixing Research Methodologies||3|
|SCFD 615||Qualitative Research Methods||3|
|Select one of the following||3-6|
|Statistical Methods 2|
|Capstone Seminar in Program Evaluation|
|Survey Research Methods|
|Multivariate Methods 1|
|Advanced Qualitative Research|
Any course 500 level or above approved by advisor
|Thesis or Practicum|
Students who select the option of three credits of EDP 685 Practicum for practical product development are required to complete 9 credits of Additional Courses/Electives.
Students who select the option of six credits of EDP 697 are required to complete 6 credits of Additional Courses/Electives.
Suggested Plan of Study
|EDP 612||3||EDP 611||3||EDP 697||3|
|EDP 613||3||EDP 617||3|
|SCFD 615||3||EDP 685||3|
|EDP 619||3||EDP 680||3|
|Total credit hours: 30|
Major Learning Outcomes
Program Evaluation and Research
- Demonstrate understanding of the philosophical and historical foundations of inquiry.
- Apply appropriate quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research tools to answer practical educational, programmatic, and other social research questions.
- Apply appropriate program evaluation tools to conduct formative and summative evaluations of existing and prospective educational programs.
- Demonstrate understanding of ethical issues in research and evaluation.
- Create informative reports of research and evaluation studies tailored appropriately for multiple stakeholders and decision-makers.